Wednesday, August 24, 2011

747 Modeling Progress


Hi all,

Creating a 3D model of a 747 is a lot harder than i have anticipated.
Having prior experience in 3D modeling I taught that it will take me
a couple of days. So far it has taken me about two weeks I have spent about 15
hours on it so far and it will take me at least that same amount of time again
to finish the exterior of the 747. I am using 3ds max to create the plane.
The boolin tool in 3ds max works really wired, it adds a lot of extra cuts into the
mesh every time it's used. The boolin tool is used to cut shapes into an object
therefore it is used to cut all the windows into our plane. For me that means a lot
of work because we have got a lot of windows to cut. When creating a 3d mesh it is
important to keep the polygon count as little as possible specially when creating
assets for 3d video games. Because boolin adds that extra poligons i have to
remove that extra information and that can get very messy, confusing and time consuming.

Hera are a few renders of the boing 747

Cheers,

Fehim





No comments:

Post a Comment